Monday 21 July 2014

You Never Returned My Love


Love, they say is a good thing
Carved in the heart-what a strange thing
When it encircles the soul
Then it's bound to make you whole

My heart brewed her happiness
The sweetest wine one could ever taste
Her stinging words sapped my gladness
Draining me in unexpected haste

Remember how I cared about you?
December was the month I first met you
I formatted your gloomy past
And restored you at last
With the sizzling warmth of companionship
Which fused the separate cords of our friendship

My love for you was that of silence
Close your eyes and I was there all the time
Whispering to the gathering clouds of violence
'I'm here for her, to put my life on the line'

What did I do? Where did I go wrong?
Was I not God sent, sent from above?
Now I hear you say, 'I'm sorry, Be strong'.
Yet you never returned my love

Now I'm all alone, alone in the biting cold
I thought my heart was safe in your bosom
My heart of love to you I sold
Yet you left it lying faraway in Bochum

No comments:

Post a Comment