Monday 21 July 2014

A Walk with God

Suddenly I fell in a trance
Catching a glimpse of Heaven's Gate at a glance
On jasper-carnelian streets we walked
Holding my hand as we gladly talked
I strolled along as He showed me around
His greatness and power and glory surround!

At times I'm weak, so weak and weary
And things seem to go horribly wrong
Don't worry, My son; be happy, make merry
For when you're weak, then I am strong!

At times I sin
Right under your chin
And guilt like a burden
Weighs me down and hurts my chest
Come, all ye who are weak and heavy-laden
And I will give thee rest!

In thy sanctuary is the fullness of joy
Peace to be savoured, grace to enjoy!
The depth of your love is so much to bear
Teach me to love, to care and to share!

His holy hands signaled it all had to end
Words of admonishment as we strolled, approaching the bend:
Be hot or cold; never sublime
I'll be with you, even till the end of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment